PGDM is one of the most popular courses in India. It is a diploma-level course, and the duration of the course is between 1 and 2 years. The course focuses on the development of financial management skills. For a PGDM course, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. You might also need to pass an entrance examination to get admission to PGDM in Finance.
PGDM in Finance is offered by some of India’s most prestigious colleges and universities. If you are also interested in pursuing a PGDM finance course in India, you have come to the right place. The article outlines all the information you need regarding the PGDM course, including the PGDM in Finance eligibility, the top recruiters after PGDM in Finance, and the average salary after PGDM in Finance.
PGDM in Finance: Course Overview
|Level of the Course||PG Diploma|
|Eligibility||Graduation (any discipline)|
|Process of Admission||Merit-Based and Entrance Exam|
|Fee for the Course (Approx.)||₹50,000 to ₹40,00,000|
|Salary after PGDM in Finance||₹50,000 to ₹30,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||AIG, Research & Educational Institutes, Boeing, Philips, JP Morgan Chase, KPMG, Deloitte, PwC|
|Job Positions||Bank Manager, Bank Officer, Treasurer, Financial Planner|
PGDM in Finance: Eligibility
The candidates who wish to gain admission to PGDM course must understand the PGDM in finance eligibility criteria. Here is the list:
- The candidate must have an undergraduate degree. For example, BA, BSc, BTech, etc.
- Anyone in the final year of their degree can also apply for admission and register for the entrance exam.
- The candidate must qualify for the examination to gain admission. If the candidate fails the entrance exam, admission will not be granted.
- Along with your academic performance, your internship and work experience can also help you in the admission process.
Why Study PGDM in Finance?
Here are the top reasons to study a PGDM in Finance:
- A PGDM course takes less time and is less expensive than opting for a Master’s degree.
- You have the opportunity to begin your career or change your career in the finance field.
- PGDM in finance is a great course for managers looking to enhance their financial management skills and work in financial sectors like loans, insurance, and banking.
- The course helps students learn about managing critical financial situations and makes them responsible for gaining benefits.
PGDM Finance Course in India – Admission Process
The admission to PGDM finance courses in India might differ from one institution to another. The common process of admission is outlined below:
- The candidates are chosen based on the results of the entrance examination. The candidates who achieve a certain score are promoted to the next round of the admission process.
- In most cases, candidates are required to appear for an interview or a group discussion round to get admission.
Entrance Exams for PGDM Finance Course in India
The top entrance exams for PGDM in finance are
- XLRI XAT
PGDM in Finance Syllabus
The syllabus for PGDM in finance might differ from one institution to another. The common subjects that you will study are highlighted below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Accounting System||Financial Markets|
|Financial Management||Investment Management|
|Taxation (Direct and Indirect)||International Finance|
|Cost and Management Accounting||Financial Statement Analysis|
PGDM Finance Course in India: Top Colleges
Here are the top colleges for getting a PGDM in Finance degree:
|College Name||Average Fees|
PGDM Finance Course: Top Colleges Abroad
If you are looking to study PGDM in finance outside India, here are some of the top colleges/universities that you can choose from.
|Oxford University, UK||₹63,70,000|
|London Business School, UK||₹59,30,000|
|Cambridge University, UK||₹57,70,000|
|HEC Paris, France||₹46,90,000|
|ESSEC Business School, France||₹39,10,000|
|UC Berkeley (HAAS), USA||₹51,10,000|
|London School of Economics, UK||₹37,40,000|
|Bocconi University, Italy||₹15,00,000|
PGDM Finance Course: Jobs
Here are the top job profiles that you can apply for after the PGDM course:
|Job Profile||Salary after PGDM in Finance|
|Financial Planner||₹3 – ₹7 LPA|
|Financial Advisor||₹8 – ₹9 LPA|
|Financial Managers||₹9 – ₹10 LPA|
|Investment Bankers||₹20 – ₹25 LPA|
|Equity Analyst||₹4 – ₹12 LPA|
|Bankers||₹3 – ₹5 LPA|
Top Recruiters After PGDM in Finance
Here is the list of the top recruiters that you can get employed with after the completion of your PGDM course:
|City Union Bank||Abbott|
|ICICI BANK||Yes Bank|
|Bajaj Capital||JP Morgan|
|MTR||Morgan and Stanley|
|Bank of America||Deloitte|
PGDM in finance can offer you a lucrative career with the employer of your choice. You must understand the eligibility requirements and prepare for the entrance exams to get admission to a reputed college. You can also choose to study ahead if you want to. While choosing the right institution for your PGDM, you might come across various questions and get confused.
To avoid any confusion, reach out to Sunstone who will help you in choosing the right college and course based on your strengths. Sunstone is a placement catalyst that will ensure you are ready for the job market with industry-curated training alongside soft-skills training for your holistic development!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between PGDM and PGDM finance?
The difference is that PGDM is a common diploma that offers specialisations in various fields like marketing, finance, HR, etc., whereas PGDM finance is a diploma that specialises in financial management subjects.
- What is the average fee for PGDM in finance in India?
The average fee for PGDM in finance in India ranges from ₹50,000 to ₹40,00,000, depending upon the institution.
- Should I pursue PGDM in finance?
PGDM in finance is one of the most popular courses in India. You should understand your interests to choose the right course for yourself. If financial management interests you, you can opt for PGDM in finance.