Overview – Beginners Photography Course Online: Digital Photography 101
If you are a photographer who wants to go beyond the Automatic Mode on your camera then Beginner Digital Photography is the ideal course for you. The course begins by teaching you about the function of each of the command modes found on most DSLR cameras. You will learn about the relationship between Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO and how to use them to get your optimum shot. The course will then introduce you to the structure of lenses and what the different types of lenses are used for. You will also learn about light – how both the eye and camera see it, the different types of light and why it needs to be balanced using the white balance function.
Using non-technical language the course will introduce you to Photoshop and Lightroom, and you will learn how to navigate and manage images, and set your basic preferences when using these software programs. In Photoshop you will learn how to identify when an image has been obviously photoshopped and how to make more subtle changes. In Lightroom, you will learn how to create a catalogue and use the main modules to prepare your images for export.
This course in digital photography will be of great interest to all learners who want go beyond the automatic setting on the camera and learn how to apply the basic techniques of digital photography that will turn snapshots into great photographs.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Outline what each of the functions on the Mode Dial are for.
- Identify all the parts of a lens. State the pros and cons of Prime Lenses.
- Explain the relationship between Shutter, Aperture and ISO.
- Discuss the different types of light and their effect on a photograph.
- Navigate around the functions and tools in Photoshop.
- Explain the benefits of using the edit history function.
- Differentiate between subtle and obvious Photoshop edits to a photo.
- Outline the key functionality of the modules in Lightroom.